hello everyone ,
I got an overwhelming response for my swatches and FOTD in my previous review of Maybelline Colossal Liner, thank you so much ❤ This time it is about this new colored kohl range Maybelline has launched ..Yay !!!!!
They have launched three shades namely :
- Crushed Emerald
- Jewelled Jade
- Smoked Silver
Today I will be reviewing “Smocked Silver” shade and I can not contain my excitement about the shade ❤
Being a girl with a typical Indian skin tone (well I have a warm skin tone ) , I thought that this shade will not work well with my skin tone but this is less of gaudy look-at-me Silver shade and more of metallic grey 😀
Why I am crushing over this new range of kohl and why should you too ???
Being an Indian girl, kohl has been my first and the most favorite makeup item , I absolutely love eye makeup because I feel that is the best feature on my face 🙂 If I get to experiment a little with my eyes ,then why not ????
Kohl actually adds a spark to the face and defines the eyes beautifully ❤ since the shades are something that would complement all skin tone , this is a safe bargain for anyone .
Will it suit me ?
Honestly I have tried only the “Smoked Silver” shade and I feel it is does not depend on your skin tone at all . Like I said before , I was literally scared to use it when I saw the shade because I even avoid using White Kohl and liner as it doesn’t blend with my skin tone . Seeing this shade , my first impression was ” Ok , Silver …hmmmm me +silver ..nevermind ” but surprisingly I used it and had a beautiful metallic gloss to it that you never get the complex of looking bad using them.
What eye shape do you have for it ?
If you have tiny eyes , I would recommend you to use it in the inner corners of the eyes to open them up a little bit and avoid using them as a kohl as the sheen will just highlight the size of the eyes. Use them as a liner or blend them to make them as a eyeshadow , gives you a wide eye look .
If you have a wide or round eyes , use them as dark as you can below the lower lash line because the tend to shift the focus to your eyes . You can also put it in the waterline to make your eyes little intense .
Here are the swatches :
1. The package is just like Maybelline Colossal Kohl ( Black) and Maybelline Colossal Kohl (Turquoise Blue) , I am someone who enjoys uniformity and I absolutely don’t like different packages during different lanches . This was a win-win for me as it gels in with my other two kohls that I have ❤
2. Maybelline always claims that their kohl doesn’t smudge and stays for about 12 hours , I did a small test !!! 😛
I started smearing the swatches multiple times till I eventually gave up :P.. So , even if it has gone a shade light it didn’t bleed and I can be sure I will never end up with Raccoon eyes especially during summers.
Here are the before and after smudging swatches .
I have done three stroke with single line of kohl to darker version of the same , you can see the change from right to left .
3. Few make up inspiration using this 🙂 You remember my FOTD for Maybelline Colossal Liner Review ? Well I used Smoked silver in my lower lash line 😉 ( secret revealed ) !!! here are few of the same look just shifting the focus from the liner to the kohl.
1. The pigmentation is dark and one stroke is more than enough for people who are aiming at a subtle look with this kohl.
2. The tip glides beautifully and is pretty soft on the skin .
3. Multipurpose is the word !!! Like all the kohl launched by Maybelline , this can be used as both a liner and a kohl . This is one of the main reason why I love their kohls ❤
4. Extremely pocket friendly 😀 A whole metallic eyeshadow+liner+kohl in one product is very light on the pocket !!
5. Suits all skin-tone ❤
6. The color is pretty soft and not a gaudy silver , more than making you look made up this shade actually looks pretty classy even when you overdo it .
7. Staying power is as good as other kohl by them and infact a notch higher.
8. It is summer and playing around with shades like these is something that anyone would love to do , it does give a refreshing twist to the makeup .
hmmmmm ………. not being biased but this is one of the rarest product I have not criticized and I have nothing to tell about them !!! ok I am gonna try this again and find a fault and write about it 😛 yeah ok so it has a little purple undertone in the shade count it as a big disadvantage ( sarcasm – LOL !!! )
Price : INR 249
You can get the product from Nykaa ( They always have amazing offers <3)
Also,if you ever miss fashion and makeup inspiration , you can check out Maybelline India on their social networking sites :
This is a sponsored post . However , the views and opinions expressed here are my own . The reviews are done honestly and has no influence from the sponsors.